Review of sovereign credit quality and crowd-sourced views from IRB Banks. Summary:
- Sovereign credit crises tend to occur in waves and Sovereign credit quality measurement aims to identify the most vulnerable countries.
- Agency ratings do not cover every country, but consensus views crowd-sourced from global IRB banks cover many of the same Sovereigns and extend to a number of unrated Sovereigns.
- Crowd-sourced bank views have a 96% fit with agency ratings, but are more conservative.
- Bank views provide benchmarks for agency ratings, CDS spreads and real bond yields.
- Bank views also support unbiased, monthly evaluated credit benchmarks for unrated Sovereigns.
Download Whitepaper Now