Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company offering access to an entirely new source of information: the consensus credit risk view of the world’s leading banks. These unique credit risk indicators help deliver a greater understanding of the credit quality of entities around the world.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire a full time Product Analyst to join our New York Office.
Credit Benchmark’s customer base is rapidly growing and we are looking for an energetic client-facing Product Analyst to support this growth. The successful candidate will be driven with communication skills to both champion and develop the Credit Benchmark offering. Some experience as a credit risk analyst/junior associate within a leading investment bank, or experience in a credit data vendor is beneficial but relevant experience is not essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate willingness and the ability to develop a deep understanding of the Credit Benchmark service and work closely with our NY team to support our client needs.
As a Product Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting clients to use our core product. From working with the core data set directly through to the current and future service offerings you will be a key component of the NY teams’ ability to work with clients to embed Credit Benchmark data and services within their workflows and also develop the broader commercial offering. You will be working on various projects including creating custom client reports and analytics, portfolio analysis, quality assurance and methodological review, data mining, user training and support.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working alongside commercial teams to create specific data analytics to meet the needs of our prospects and clients at top financial institutions
- Developing clear understanding of the Credit Benchmark architecture, service and offering
- Leveraging your knowledge to assist the NY team with product related questions and issues
- Timely delivery of custom reports based on understanding of client requirements
- Building and managing professional client relationships, in collaboration with Credit Benchmark’s Account Management and Sales Teams.
- Working with both the data input and output to ensure high levels of data quality and robustness by developing and applying agreed methodological QA checks
- Become the local expert for using and developing the available technical resources (SQL, R, Excel, Internal tools)
- Communicating clearly and succinctly with colleagues and clients to set appropriate expectations
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- Be a recent graduate or have 1-2 years’ experience working in a credit risk role or with associated vendor products
- Hold a university degree in Finance, Economics, Sciences, Engineering or similar
- Have high levels of organizational skills to manage broad range of priorities
- Understand technical complexity and competence in data analysis
- Have familiarity with SQL and R (preferred but not essential)
- Be diligent, proactive and driven, able to demonstrate initiative to develop existing relationships
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Confident and articulate in describing concepts and solving problems
- Fluency in English is a must
Only successful candidates will be contacted.